I know this isn't related to trading, but this has been on my mind for a while and I have to ask.
I've wanted to make a board game based on Colors for a while, but I've been having problems due to my lack of technical skill and lack of playtesting. There are also a few other issues/questions:
- Is there a program to enlarge small images without losing the quality too awful bad? Or image filters to make it look better when enlarged? What card size would you recommend?
- What should I implement from the online version? I want to include Pot of Gold, some events, coupons, modified versions of the games, etc. But I'm not completely sure how to do all of that.
- What kind of gameplay would everyone be interested in? Should there be different modes of play (competitive, teams, laid-back, POG-based)?
I was thinking of implementing the following features:
- Pot of Gold, with randomly chosen, mix-and-match tasks drawn from a deck of cards specifically for POG.
- A stat sheet (like in RPGs) to keep track of number of trades, crayons, level, etc.
- Many (usually modified) games, such as Silly Blanks, Switch It Up, etc. Some original games as well, which would be more suited for board games. Most of them will be in card format (draw a card, follow the rules, get cards/crayons)
I also wanted to use fake, custom made decks including non-Colors eligible series, but I would need a few people who would be willing to help me with that (deckmaking can be time-consuming).
For the time-being, I'm just going to use index cards for the games/POG tasks, because most of the ink would be from printing out the actual cards.
If anyone's interested in this idea or would like to help, that would make my day! :)
EDIT: I made a few tokens for the character pieces!